Business Development Manager - K12
Breakthrough Technologies is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing K12 sales team.
We are looking for a consultative and tenacious Business Development Manager to join our growing K12 sales team. The ideal candidate will have an energetic, can-do attitude and be comfortable selling SAAS solutions to educators. Experienced salespeople and educators interested in transitioning to EDU software sales are welcome to apply.
• You are curious, ambitious, self-driven, hard-working, flexible, and care deeply about making an impact.
• You are a problem solver by trade; you like to strategically break problems down and create solutions that move opportunities forward.
• Passion for prospecting new business from initial outreach to negotiation.
• Excellent communication skills in speech and writing, tailored for the audience.
• Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
• Understand of best practices in sales pipeline building, lead scoring, and lead nurturing programs.
• Introduce Venture, our SAAS formative assessment platform, to prospective clients (teachers and administrators) in the K12 market.
• Explaining how formative assessment technology can be transformative for teaching and learning.
• Serve as a trusted advisor creating awareness and demand for our assessment solutions.
• Respond to leads, engage contacts, interact on social media, and administrate email campaigns.
• Develop and deliver engaging product demonstrations.
• Maintain accurate and timely customer pipeline and forecast data.
• Meet quarterly qualified opportunity and sales quotas.
• 2+ years of proven sales experience
• Experience with SaaS sales
• Bonus points if you:
• Understand the K-12 education competitive landscape.
• Have Edu sales experience at a school, district, or state level.
• Have a strong understanding of assessment best practices.
• Have experience using marketing automation software.
Please include your compensation requirements and availability in your cover letter.
Founded in 1998 by software engineers, Breakthrough Technologies (BT) builds web applications, K-12 and Professional assessment solutions to address a wide variety of complex problems. In addition to assessments, we develop custom web applications when out-of-the-box solutions don't offer what a client truly needs or wants.
For our clients, we won't redirect you to mainstream, costly technology in order to find a solution to your problem. We will communicate with you though to develop a smart, creative solution using open-source products that perfectly fits your needs.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting equal employment opportunity. No employee or candidate will be discriminated against based on: age, race, color, physical or mental disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, order of protection status, pregnancy, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, marital status, arrest record, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service.
Job type: Full time