We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for full lifecycle project management for engagements lasting one to 12 months with budgets from $50k to $2mm.
We are looking for Project Manager with 3+ years of experience and a strong desire to be successful. This position requires a creative and analytical self-starter to be responsible for full life cycle project management for engagements lasting one to 12 months with budgets from $50k to $2mm. This position will manage and mentor teams of Developers, Business Analysts, Visual Designer, Software Architects, and Quality Assurance Specialists down to daily/hourly task level.
Additional duties include defining project scope, requirements and deliverables; project estimation; change management; coordinating client actions and meetings; completing accurate status reporting; participating in collaborations on requirements, testing, presentations and planning; and contributing to the company Project Management Office, continuously improving PM processes, tools, skills, and accountabilities.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, especially when translating difficult/technical client needs to development team and maintaining effective partnership relationships with clients and office staff.
* 3+ years of project-based management experience with cross-functional software development teams
* Ability to lead large and small teams of multi-function skill sets to a holistic end solution
* Strong prioritization, problem-solving and negotiation skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills a must. Ability to articulate technical ideas to non-technical people
* Well-organized and must be comfortable multi-tasking or working on multiple projects at the same time
* Experience using the following or similar tools: Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence), OpenAir, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project
* Experience with Agile Scrum software development
* Background in product development/professional services/consulting
* Testing and assessment background, and/or delivering CMS and mobile-based solutions
Breakthrough Technologies is a small custom software development company located in downtown Evanston, near both the L and Metra Davis Street stations. We provide our employees with a wide range of benefits including 401K (company match), health insurance, life insurance and paid vacations.
Please include in your Salary/Rate Requirements and availability.
Founded in 1998 by software engineers, Breakthrough Technologies (BT) builds web applications, K-12 and Professional assessment solutions to address a wide variety of complex problems. In addition to assessments, we develop custom web applications when out-of-the-box solutions don't offer what a client truly needs or wants.
For our clients, we won't redirect you to mainstream, costly technology in order to find a solution to your problem. We will communicate with you though to develop a smart, creative solution using open-source products that perfectly fits your needs.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting equal employment opportunity. No employee or candidate will be discriminated against based on: age, race, color, physical or mental disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, order of protection status, pregnancy, religion, sex or gender, sexual orientation, marital status, arrest record, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service.
Job Type: Full-time